“Windows look great! Friendly and courteous crew! We recommend!!” Amber & Edward - Watertown
Promotions this Month
How To Choose A Contractor
You’ve decided you need to replace the windows in your home. You have your reasons, you know what you want to purchase and you’re ready for the next step. Now you need to find the person to work on your home, so you start to research window companies and realize the multitude of them in the area. They all say that they have the best product, expert installers and the best value for what you are purchasing. How can you tell which company you should hire to work on your home? Finding the right contractor for the job suddenly turns into an impossible task.
Everyone has heard the horror stories about contractors that take advantage of homeowners and takes the remodel from dream-like to disastrous. How do you decide? Here are some things to consider when hiring a contractor to work on your home.
Finding the Best Contractor
The most important part of hiring a contractor is finding someone who respects and appreciates your business. There are a few different ways to find the right contractor for you that will do both of those things. Here are a few tips:
- Check with the Better Business Bureau. Is this company reputable? Are they in good standings with the BBB?
- Ask for referrals. If you know that your neighbor just had work done ask them about the experience. Would they refer the company? Family, friends, neighbors and coworkers can give you some of the most valuable input about contractors, their experiences.
- Is the contractor licensed, bonded and insured? A good contractor will have all the necessary documentation to work on your home.
- Do they have a list of references from your community? Ask them to provide you with a list of homes they have recently worked on. Feel free to drive by these homes in your area to see how the work looks.
- Contact the manufacturer of the windows. Is the company that is vying for your business an authorized dealer of the windows?
- How does the company portray themselves? Stop by their showroom/office to see the professionalism that the company displays to the public.
- How long have they been in business? Most home remodeling companies go bankrupt within the first 5 years of business.
How Weather Tight Compares
We are proud to have earned numerous national awards, including Replacement Contractor of the Year (by Replacement Contractor Magazine) and the Restorations’ Dealer of the Year for 2009. In both 2008 and 2009 we were named a Statewide Finalist for the Better Business Bureau’s Torch Award for Business Ethics. We take great pride in our accomplishments as a local company including our A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. Please explore our website to learn more about our achievements and other information about Weather Tight.
Wisconsin’s Most Recommended Remodeler
Weather Tight is Wisconsin’s most recommended remodeler. We do extensive follow-up with our customers both during and after the job asking questions on everything from the person who scheduled their appointment to the cleanup after the job was done. These surveys have told us is that nearly all of our customers (97%) would recommend us to their friends and family. When our customers tell us that they believe that their loved ones would benefit from our services it is a true honor and shows us that we have great customer loyalty.